Improving After Sales
In the industrial capital goods sector After Sales is traditionally the most profitable section of a dealership. Managing it well is vitally important for your overall profitability. Improving the workings of the after sales performance is my domain of expertise.
I review your customer segmentation and retention. Which customers have been retained, which have defected? which are potentially due to defect and most importantly for which reasons?. How have new customers arrived in the company, from which market segments and what you need to do to keep your new and retained customers on board?.
I review the moving activity and value of your inventory. I recommend stocking parameters and advise best practices how to increase inventory turns. I reduce back-order fill-time and increase parts availability. I carefully register and minimize lead time for parts and I review how your parts pricing strategies can be made more effective.
I generate results by clearly identifying business opportunities and aligning business processes that improve profitability by increasing sales and reduce costs.
I supervise operations “until it works”.
- Quick scan of organizational capacities and suggestions how to improve
- Highlight where customer retention is falling behind and how to improve
- Establish customer segments and align after sales territory management
- Create SMART goals and KPI’s for both Parts and Service organizations
- Increase customer satisfaction and customer loyalty
- Improve pricing strategies leading to more sales and better margins
Translating strategy and business planning targets into daily operations requires above average communication skills, connecting with people and assigning stretch goals with realistic timetables.
I support you with optimizing the (internal) communications between Marketing, Sales and After Sales. In close collaboration with the after sales staff I set-up and roll-out both short and long-term business plans and monitor progress based on pre-defined selected KPI’s.
In case other priorities demand the attention of executive management, I can temporarily step in to lead an organization, a division or a project.
- Transition management during improvement projects ‘until it works’
- Development and implementation of annual business planning processes in close connection with the long term strategic plan
- Available for both support roles and managerial roles
- Available for both national and international assignments
You might be interested in reading my E-book on “5 solutions for 5 dilemmas of CEOs in the capital goods industry“. Download the executive summary.